Wetland Boot Camp
(3-Days, 24-PDHs) US Army Corp of Engineer "Basic Wetland Delineation Course." No prerequisites. Anyone can use this course to identify wetlands and streams for any project. Tie Flags, Prepare Reports, and Applications. Perfect for Land Development, Oil & Gas, & other Real Estate professionals.
Time & Location
Frick Park, Frick Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15217, USA
About the event
Our 3-day Wetland Boot Camp is based upon the current Federal guidance for field identification of wetlands in the United States. This course satisfies the requirements for basic wetland delineation training as specified by the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). Wetland Boot Camp teaches the technical guidelines for wetland delineations, field indicators of hydrophytic vegetation, hydric soils, and wetland hydrology and covers all topics included in the ACOE’s Reg IV Training.
After Wetland Boot Camp you will be able to:
- · Identify and document “wetlands” for any project.
- · Properly flag/mark the limits of a wetlands in the field.
- · Write & review Wetland Data Sheets and/or Reports.
Upon completion, successful graduates possess the background necessary for identifying wetlands and determining their boundaries in the field. Successful completion is determined by attendance and participation in all lecture and field activities.
· 1-day of office lecture, and then
· 2-days of field work, getting dirty, digging holes, ID'ing plants, filling out Data Sheets...
(a) History of the Laws & Guidance that govern wetland delineations
(b) Field Indicators for Wetland Soils
(c) Field Indicators for Wetland Vegetation
(d) Field Indicators for Wetland Hydrology
(e) Determining Limits of Wetland Boundaries in the field
(f) Proper filling-out of the Wetland Data Sheets
(g) Intro to Field Identification of Streams
1) (included) - Wetland Boot Camp WORKBOOK is packed with information, references, and tips; so you don't have to frantically take notes during the classroom portions of the course. After the course, this Workbook becomes your valuable field-guide to use for years to come.
2) (included)- A Trees & Shrubs ID guide - to get you started.
3) (included)- Delineator's flagging/tape - to start your collection.
4) (included)- Plant ID books for grasses, sedges, to get you started.
5) (included)- Our Delineator's Back Pack - to carry everything in the field.
6) (included)- "Wetland Training Certificate of Completion" - 24-PDHs
Day 1 - Lecture DayClassroom
Day-2 Field DayField
Includes $100 in necessary equipment.